Howe Gastmeier Chapnik Limited (HGC Engineering) is looking for a Senior Acoustical Engineer to provide Consulting Engineering services in acoustics, noise and vibration to clients across Canada and abroad. This is a permanent position at our Mississauga office.
The successful candidate will provide senior level acoustical consulting services in building sciences to a broad range of architecture, engineering and developer companies. The successful candidate will collaborate with a team of engineers, supervising and mentoring junior and intermediate personnel. Projects may include:
- Noise and vibration impact studies for commercial/residential development
- Building envelope acoustical design
- Building acoustical and noise control
- Noise and vibration complaint investigations
- Vibration assessment and isolation of equipment and buildings
- Tarion builder Bulletin 19 review and certification
- Expert witness testimony
- Third party review of peer reports
Education & Associations
- BASc in Engineering as a minimum
- Membership with PEO is a requirement
Personal Characteristics & Experience
- Experience/proficiency in:
- conducting acoustical analysis and field testing
- supervising and mentoring junior and intermediate engineers
- liaising with clients and responding to requests for proposals
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent leadership skills; exercise independent judgment
- Self-motivated; ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and remain action-oriented in a fast-paced environment
- Professional, and respectful
- Minimum 5 years related experience, 10+ years preferred
- Valid drivers license and use of personal vehicle
- Possession of valid passport and ability to travel to the USA or internationally when required
To apply for this position please send in a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 9, 2017.
Please note: only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
HGC Engineering is one of Canada’s largest engineering consulting firm specializing exclusively in noise, vibration and acoustics. Established in 1994, HGC Engineering has been a valued support partner to leading developers, builders, architects, engineers, designers and planners in the development of major commercial and mixed-used projects across Canada, the US, the Caribbean, Europe and the Middle East.