Howe Gastmeier Chapnik Limited (HGC Engineering) is looking for an Acoustical Engineer or Engineer-In-Training who will work with Professional Engineers to provide Consulting Engineering services in acoustics, noise and vibration to clients across Canada and abroad. This is a permanent position at our Mississauga office.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
Your projects may include noise impact assessments with regard to road, rail, air traffic and industrial noise sources, architectural acoustics, dynamic vibration of buildings and structures, environmental noise, industrial noise control, building isolation, building noise control and acoustical engineering for land development and R& D of new products and systems.
- BASc in Engineering
- Membership in PEO is an asset. All our technical staff are encouraged to work towards PEO membership
- Excellent leadership skills; exercise independent judgment
- Meticulously organized
- Self-motivated; ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and remain action-oriented
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Professional, and respectful
- Use of personal vehicle for field work.
- Several years of related experience preferred, although applications from new graduates are welcome.
- Physically capable of working outdoors in various weather conditions and locations.
- Possession of valid passport and ability to travel to the USA or internationally when required.
To apply for this position please send in a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov 30th, 2016.
Please note: only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
HGC Engineering is one the largest employee owned Acoustical Engineering firm in North America specializing exclusively in acoustics, noise and vibration. We provide services to clients in the land development, oil and gas production and transmission, power generation, automotive, pharmaceutical, construction, mining, forest products, resource, entertainment and manufacturing industries.